Copyright 2017 by FarabaleAfrica.com
All rights reserved. Artbeat or any portion thereof may not be reproduced in full or in parts or used in any manner whatsoever without the express permission of farabaleweekly.com
By entering the competition, the contestant warrants the following:
- Originality and owned copyright: The submitted drawing is an original work, entirely owned by the contestant, and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, intellectual property privacy or other rights of any third party under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Consent: If a person is recognizable in a drawing, the contestant has obtained all releases and consent necessary from the person appearing in the drawing, in order to permit the exhibition and use of the drawing, without additional compensation. If any person appearing in the drawing is under the age of 18, the contestant warrants that he/she has obtained consent from the parent or legal guardian of the minor in the drawing.
Farabale Africa reserves the right to request written proof of consent. If the contestant fails to provide written proof of consent within 5 days of Farabaleweekly.com’s request, the entry may be disqualified from the competition.
- License agreement: The contestant retains right to his/her drawing, but by entering the Competition, the contestant grants farabaleweekly.com and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries, in any media or form, for no additional compensation and without any requirement on the part of Farabaleweekly.com and its affiliates to seek consent or approval of such contestant.
The license granted to Farabale Africa and its affiliates includes, is without limitation, the right to exhibit the contestant’s drawings, to publish such drawings in books or magazines, to offer such drawings as downloadable wallpapers, to use in Farabale Africa’s marketing, press materials or website, to “share” such drawings on social media, or use in Farabale Africa’s partner channels, publications or events. Additionally, by entering the Competition, each contestant grants Farabale Africa and its affiliates the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Competition, and pictures or likenesses of contestants, for no additional compensation and without any requirement on the part of Farabale Africa and its affiliates to seek consent or approval of such contestant. Farabale Africa may include a name credit when using the contestant’s drawing.
- Waiver: contestants waive all rights to inspect and approve the finished use of all entries and content or advertising copy that may be used in connection therein, and further waive all claims to royalties with regards to finished content, entries piece and finished work.
- Entry is open to all illustrators below the age of 25 resident in Nigeria who follow Farabale Africa.
- No employees of Farabale Africa or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
- ArtBeat and Farabale Africa shall not be liable to any third party for any copyright claims issuing from infringements on the part of contestants.
By sending in entries from www.farabaleweekly.com/artbeat or to [email protected] applicants agree to these terms and condition and it creates a binding contract subject to the laws of Nigeria.